This is for those of us that are enthusiastic about our air fryers and want to just try to replace every appliance we can with our air fryer(s). Below is a simple cake recipe which can be replaced by any recipe, or even box mix, to make a delicious air fryer cake. I made cookies in the air fryer before (disclosure: the cookies were frozen chocolate chip squares pre-made batter) and the cookies came out with more moisture than in the oven when baked in my air fryer. In A LOT less time too.
On to the cake. I made this simple, seven ingredient cake and it was moist and delicious. The best part is the time saving and for those of you that live in warm climates, the whole house does not heat up like it does when cooking in a conventional oven.
Again, anyone can use this as a base recipe and create there own. If you find a better method I encourage you to share it with everyone else on Zenchef Club.
|1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
|*The above is just a simple vanilla white cake recipe. You can replace with your favorite type of cake recipe/mix.|
- 1. Preheat/set your air fryer to 320 degrees
- Mix ingredients on low.
- Pour into air fryer pan accessory or non-stick cake pan that will fit in your air fryer*.
- Place in air fryer basket and slide into air fryer.
- Set timer to 25 minutes.
- As time gets closer to 25 minutes, insert use toothpick to see if cake is done. (Cake should spring back when touched, if not cook for an additional 5 minutes.)
- Cool cake on a wire rack.
- Remove cake from pan and place on dish.
- Ice with your favorite frosting & decorations.
*Dimensions of air fryer baskets may vary by depth and width.
*Most cake pans are non-stick but greasing the pan helps when sliding the cake out when cooking is finished.
Note: Regular baking pans are not equipped with a handle. Sides of air fryer basket get very hot. Use caution when taking out standard baking pan. Oven mitts or cooking gloves are recommended.