|2 lbs. Chicken Thighs (You can use chicken breast to cut down on calories.)
1 Cup Chopped Carrots (Frozen or fresh, but don’t use baby carrots)
1 Cups Pearl Onions (Frozen or fresh)
1/2 Cup Dried Mixed Berries (You can use any kind, a mix or just golden raisins.)
|1 Bay Leaves
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Then place ham hock and chicken into bottom of inner pot. Place all remaining ingredients into pot. The chicken will brown on the side touching the bottom of the pot.
- Close and lock the lid on your pressure cooker. Make sure the Pressure Valve is set to Airtight.
- Press MEAT & CHICKEN program button on your machine OR program the pressure cooker for 17-minutes.
- When the pressure cooker has finished the cooking cycle, follow the instructions in the “Removing Lid after Pressure Cooking” section of the manual.
- You’ll notice that the level of liquids inside the pot has almost doubled. Use a pair of tongs and carefully remove the chicken. Set chicken aside and go back to the remaining sauce. Ladle out or pour out half of that liquid and return it back to the pressure cooker to reduce/thicken the sauce. Follow instructions in this manual for “BROWNING” Reduce the sauce so it becomes nice and thick. Help it along by adding flour or cornstarch if you like.
- Once the sauce is thickened to the desired consistency, cancel “BROWNING” and return chicken carefully back into the sauce.
- Set the pressure cooker to Keep Warm until ready to serve. Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.
Recipes courtesy of www.peggyunderpressure.com