7 medium russet potatoes, peeled
½ cup milk
½ cup cream
1 teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup Gruyere or semi-mature cheese, grated
1. Cut the potatoes into thinner pieces.
2. Put milk, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg into a bowl, mix them and coat potato slices.
3. Preheat the Air Fryer to 400°F (3-5 minutes).
4. Transfer the potato slices to a 8-inch heat-resistant baking dish and pour the rest of the cream mixture from the bowl on top of the potatoes. Place the baking dish in the cooking basket into the Air fryer. Set the timer and cook for 25 minutes(400°F) .
5. Remove cooking basket and pour the cheese evenly over the potatoes. Set the timer for 10 minutes(400°F) and bake the gratin until it is nicely browned.
Tip: You can replace 2 eggs with milk.